Hello Twilight Families!
Here are a few announcements regarding our Twilight programming for the upcoming months:
Though Pow Wow was cancelled by the Indian Education Parent Committee this year, Siuslaw School District's Twilight program intends to continue to provide the rich and engaging activities that our Indian Education program has to offer.
PowWow practice activities are continuing! Every Thursday, students will participate in Pow Wow related activities.
- **Note: If you do not want your child to participate in Pow Wow activities, we will need you to sign an excuse form to ensure that we can accurately track attendance. Please look for forms at the check-in/check-out desk at the Siuslaw Elementary Twilight Program.
We would love to hear your feedback- here is a link to our Twilight Parent Survey:
We are at that time of year when the weather is unpredictable. For weather closures:
- If school is closed for the day, Twilight will be closed.
- If a weather event is predicted to begin in the after school hours and is of the same strength that would close daytime operations, even if school was in session for the day, Twilight will cancel.
- If any of these actions are taken, the district will make the decision as early as possible. The
district will use NOAA/National Weather Service as the official source for information on
weather related matters (SSD Policy EBCD).
- If Twilight closes but school was in session for the day, we will make a call home to all Twilight families. Please make sure that we have your current phone number so that you receive these calls.
- For district daytime information, check the district pages on this website.
Bus changes: Due to budget changes and ridership needs, we will be making changes to our bus routes. Times will shift 30 minutes earlier, approximately, to avoid students getting home at such late times. We will send out a robo-call when the changes are to begin.
Bus reminders: If your student is signed up for a bus but does not ride over a period of more than 2 weeks, parents/guardians will need to send a notification of ridership before the student can ride again. This transportation service is limited, and we need your help in keeping it going. Thanks for your support!
If you have any questions, you can contact the site supervisor at each program site, or contact the Special Programs office at 541-997-5462.
Thank you for sharing your students with us!