Welcome to the
Siuslaw Middle School Library
School is over for the year and we are all looking forward to the summer ahead. All students are encouraged to read over the summer break. A good goal is, at least, 20 minutes a day.
Click on the link below for some basic information for
SMS students who will be in 7th and 8th grade next year.
SMS Library and the Summer Reader
If you are interested in this project and you will be a new 6th grader in the Fall, print out the form in the link above and get in the game!
The trick, as always, is to find a book that you will enjoy reading. If you would like a little help, this link offers some suggestions from staff you may know here at school.
Need Help?? Click here
Seriously, click on that!
recommendations from other kids who like to read.
Click on this COOL STUFF
and explore. Perfect for those rainy afternoons.
It's a fun way to keep your brain MOVING over the summer.
here is one more hint:
Get used to reading 20 minutes a day during the summer
and it will be
much easier to do that when school starts in the Fall.
Who knows...you may discover that you are reading
just because it's FUN!
For New Students coming into SMS in September :
The Library is open for you every day at school. If you need some extra time, we are also open:
- Before school after the 8:05 bell
- Both lunches
- After school until 3:45 p.m.
Here is some additional information on the library:
- Books are checked out for two weeks. If you need longer to read a book it can be renewed. Overdue notices are sent to the language arts teachers. All students are encouraged to avoid the "overdue syndrome".
- If a book is damaged when you get it, please let me know. If a book is damaged while you have it, please let me know. So many times a book can be repaired and saved, if it is taken care of right away.
- If a book is lost, the student will be asked to pay for the book. If the book is later found, a refund will be given.
You will find: Endangered Species for Mrs. Church
6th Grade Fiction and Non-Fiction Book Reviews
7th Grade and the Renaissance
If you would like to add a book to the Online Wish List for Books click on this link. There is also a Wish List at the front counter, if you would like to write it there.
OSLIS (click here)
You can access this at home or at school. Ask your teacher or Mrs. Serra for the password to access it at home.
If you are interested in exploring the Spanish language, you might enjoy this site.
Interested in learning words in a foreign language? Feel like some fun with math, science, vocabulary or geography? Do you feel like helping someone?? This is the place for you!
Have a wonderful summer !!
Last Modified on 6/15/2013 1:44:57 AM